On Tuesday the 24th of August 2015, I spoke at the “Content Management of Digital Media – East Africa” Conference in Nairobi, Kenya. Organised by BSP Media, the conference brought together regulators, state broadcasters, content producers and media owners – all with purpose of dissecting the impact of digital media on traditional media.
Key concepts discussed:
- Trends in media consumption – second screen, cord cutters, availability of broadband
- Reduced barriers to entry & changing content production models – use of social media and crowd sourcing
- Changing business models
- A review of tools and processes used
- A review of the integrated newsroom
- Case studies: NYTimes.com, Youtube.com, Buzzfeed.com